1.Tax not included in the sale price
2. For local purchases, delivery and hanging services available
3. We accept payment via check or credit card ( additional 3% fee applies on credit card charges)
4. Shipping and Handling costs determined per piece
5. Domestic shipping via FedEx Ground
6. All sales are final. In certain cases, store credit may apply
Frank Hartley Anderson was an architect and wood engraver and also did some bookplate design, painting and landscape design. He was born on June 10, 1890 in Boston, MA and died on April 17, 1947. He studied at the Art Institute of Chicago and Harvard University. He lived with his wife, Martha Fort Anderson, and two daughters at Mountain Hall, Georgia from 1939 until his death.
He studied at the Art Institute of Chicago, under Elmer Forsburg and at the Cleveland School of Art under Henry Turner Bailey. He worked under Henry Vincent Hubbard at Harvard University and served in the military as a Captain in the U.S. Army, September 4, 1942 - October 24, 1944. His military specialty was Post Engineering.
About 1920 Frank Anderson 1920 with Warren Manning, "City Plan of Birmingham". He designed a number of homes in Birmingham, one which is written up by the historical society there. Articles about several houses appeared in the newspapers and in architectural magazines including a major article in "Architectural Forum" about an apartment house in Asheville, North Carolina.
Frank Anderson was one of the founders in 1936 of the Southern Printmakers Society, the only major graphic arts society in the South at the time. Etchers, lithographers and wood engravers submitted prints each year, and about 150 were selected to be a touring exhibition, principally going to various museums throughout the South. Museums showing Southern Printmakers included the Baltimore Museum of Fine Arts, The Delgado Museum in New Orleans, etc. The exhibitions toured and generated extensive press coverage, including articles in the national "Art Digest".
Anderson won first Prize in the American Block Print Annual, Wichita, Kansas 1935.